New Message: Re: Missing template images

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Nov 1 02:45:46 CDT 2007

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

I noticed this last week on one of my sites, but not finding any quick information, I went to web.archive.org and got an archived version of the page, then grabbed all the images and started hosting them locally.

This probably wouldn't work if I hosted dozens or hundreds of web sites with different themes (and would at least take all day), but I only had one problem site and this solved it relatively quickly.

--Matt (I was assuming that the copyright holders would be OK with it, since they'd been providing the images free for all these years)