New Message: Re: News Items Post to Home Page Causes Crash

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Nov 1 16:38:07 CDT 2007

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello All,

I know this seems like a very old posting to respond to, but I still seem to have problems with my site crashing *EVERY* time I post a news item to the home page.

I am running an intel MAc Mini 1.83 Ghz qith 1 GB Ram on 10.4.10

I have had this installation on both this machine and a previous Power PC x-serve that ran 10.2.8

I have run the site for about four years and have always had this problem?

Perhaps related to this is the fact that on either installation, I have never been able to get more than about 60 hours of uptime before the site crashes?

I run KeepFrontierRunning [which helps] but it too seem to hang with errors saying "apple event timed out" every now and then. I think something is wrong there as well.

I have tried the suggestions/fixes in this topic but have not had any success to date.

Any thoughts or suggestions from this community would be greatly appreciated.

I would be willing pay some-one to help correct this.

Kind regards

Bill