New Message: Re: Frontier Hanging and/or using excessive CPU since upgrade

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Nov 29 03:47:01 CST 2007

By: Mark Stracke (mstracke at ecfs.org)

I have begun to have this problem in the last week or so. I was working at the server yesterday and checked system.compiler.threads. All the spurious threads were annonymous 1, 2, 3 etc up to 90 some odd.

I'm on 9.0.1, OS X server 10.3.9. I've turned off the aggregator, but have not emptied out the aggregatorData.services table, which I will do this morning when I get in to school where the server is located. Community Server is off, I turned off the Server Monitor- anything that we weren't using. Still Frontier spawns the extra threads and hangs.

If I could get a copy of the script that Lawrence referenced in the last post, I'd be happy to install and use it and send in results- or has some other solution been found?

Mark