New Message: Upgrade problem

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Sep 18 02:38:09 CDT 2007

By: Chris Bunch (chris.bunch at ndm.ox.ac.uk)

I am trying to upgrade to 9.6 but am having problems getting my installation to accept the licence renewal code provided by Userland. After following the instructions provided I get a message:

Can't renew your license because an error occurred: The server,
superhonker.userland.com, returned error code 4: Can't renew the serial
number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx because it doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, for some reason or another, all attempts to contact Userland directly about this problem by email or phone have failed, so apologies to those for whom this is not relevant.