New Message: Re: Editor and Notify List problems

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Sep 30 05:50:11 CDT 2007

By: Chris Bunch (chris.bunch at ndm.ox.ac.uk)

I have finally nailed the problem. After much forensic dissection of the page table at various stages of building the admin/sitePrefs/default$editorial/ page, I noted that the sites that were behaving correctly had {manilaSuite.admin.sitePrefsPage ()} in pta^.bodytext whilst those that were behaving badly had the full page text, which was then subjected to a couple of runs through html.processMacros, just one of which is enough to wrap the lists of email addresses in <a href="mailto:..." tags.

The culprit is a change to the site table's admin/sitePrefs/default which was originally a wp object:

#title nil
{manilaSuite.admin.sitePrefsPage ()}

but is now a script that actually forces execution of manilaSuite.admin.sitePrefsPage there and then.

I presume there is additional code in 9.6 that compensates for the mailto tag wrapping problem, but I haven't time to explore that.

Is there a list anywhere about changes that Manila 9.6 makes to individual site tables that would need to be undone if reverting back to 9.5? It would be very helpful (and instructive) if there were.