New Message: Re: Editor and Notify List problems

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Sep 29 06:52:10 CDT 2007

By: Chris Bunch (chris.bunch at ndm.ox.ac.uk)

/Which files did you restore from your backup?/

frontier.root, mainresponder.root, manila.root

I have now established that this problem is occurring on only two of my sites. These two get their prefs/editoral pages updated most often and may have been edited whilst I was running 9.6. I wonder if this caused a modification somewhere in my site table. I have also noted that each of the prefs pages (Welcome, Appearance, Editorial etc) displays the page name twice . All my sites use the built in prefs template.

After following the page rendering process for one of these sites I have established that the email lists in the admin/sitePrefs/default$editorial/ page are getting \<a href="mailto:..."> tags added by html.processMacros(). As this is a kernelized function I'm not sure where to go from here. There are no macros in the sites' #tools table that could cause this.

Any insights would be appreciated.