New Message: Re: URLs

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Feb 4 07:37:00 CST 2008

By: Lawrence Lee (lawrence at userland.com)

James,

You can download the sample script here.

http://static8.userland.com/rack1/gems/ManilaWebsite/workspace.searchReplaceCont.ftsc

Instructions

1. Exit Frontier and backup all the /Guest Databases/www folder before testing.

2. Start Frontier, choose File->Open and select the attached file. Click OK to import the object.

3. Find this line in the script and modify it:

local (searchFor = "test", replaceWith = "*changed")

4. If your Manila sites are in a different file, modify this line:

local (adr = @[Frontier.getSubFolder ("www") + "manilaWebsites.root"])

You'll need to run this once for each Manila site root file you are using.

Click the Compile button, then click the Run button.

You'll get a dialog prompt when it's finished running.

If you have a smaller root file, I would test it first. Also, can you watch the Frontier.exe process memory usage while running this and let me know if the memory usage gets excessive.

Lawrence