New Message: Manila reserved Faq (/faq) pages and path - how to use ?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Feb 5 15:40:46 CST 2008

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

I notice /faq is a Manila reserved path.

I also notice that in all of my sites I have no physical faq page BUT when someone types any sitename.com/faq they see a page similar to the default 'It worked' page.

It also has a posted by and Discuss link (default news settings) even though I have explicitly set Discuss and Posted by not to be shown on any site on the server ..

check out http://www.dp.co.nz/faq

1. I cannot create a page and assign the path /faq
2. I did not create the page http://www.dp.co.nz/faq
3. I cannot remove the Double 'It worked' thing
4. I cannot remove the 'Posted By' link.
5. I cannot remove the 'Discuss' link.

In short I cannot make the page for /faq behave as the rest of the site. I have every Pref setting setup NOT to have news items or discussion stuff going on in the site.

If I edit the page, it is editable only in a half baked way. How do I either kill off the /faq path OR get to use a regular story on the /faq path so the thing is actually consistent with the rest of the site.

Cheers,

Ben