New Message: Need advice on news item summaries

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Jan 12 08:17:34 CST 2008

By: Ryan Hale (ryan at ryanjhale.com)

I'm having a little trouble getting the output that I'm looking for on my site with news items and summaries enabled. Here are a couple of points and questions:

- I would like to have summaries of the latest 3 news items displayed on the home page. I've implemented this successfully.

- I have a separate blog page where I would like to display the full items, not the summaries. I'm using the viewNewsItems macro on that page, but it is just displaying summaries.

- I want the RSS feed to display the full item, not the summary. I have this set to No in the News Items prefs, but it is still displaying the summary and not the full item.

The site in question is http://www.seventytwo.org.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan