New Message: Re: Google sitemap in the www.site.com/sitemap.xml path

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Jul 25 20:45:31 CDT 2008

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

I have done it myself already but not certain I used the best method ..

Basically, I copied and hacked the existing manilasuite.xml.getRssXml script that builds the Rss.xml to make a new script for sitemap.xml to call when the url is requested.

I noticed that the script set pta (pageTableAddress) object values for atoparagraph=false, contenttype=text/xml (and so on) ... so left those and simply assigned the txt to be returned as another string table value that I also inserted which contains the actual XML I want.

I this case, the client will send me the revised XML file whenever they need it. I will then replace the xml string value and let the thing build again.