New Message: Sorting Items with Date Number

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Jul 27 13:38:58 CDT 2008

By: Mark Freden (Mark at rheinner.com)

I think this is more of a Frontier question, but is seem that this DG is more active...

For years I've been sorting items in a table using the date as a number. It worked great until May 30th 2008 at 4:41:37 AM where the date as a number went from -1000000000 to -999999999.

This has pretty much screwed me where I want to sort items from dates before that time combined with dates after that time.

I've thought up a few solutions, but none that really cure the problem.

Anyone have any thought on this?

thanks,