New Message: Licence Renewal & the Future

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Mar 21 17:54:03 CDT 2008

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello again,

We have 27 days left in our current licence and we do plan to renew again but wanted to know what others are doing regarding long term development of Manila? Are others developing migration/archive strategies just as insurance? Everything seems to have been in a holding pattern for quite a while now.

We are a little not for profit association that has been using Userland products for many years. [Radio is still one of my personal favourites]. We have about five/six years of content on our Manila server and would like to know how best to ensure we protect that against the possibility of Userland discontinuing their work some time in the future?

This is not meant to be a negative email, just wanting to know what others do to plan for continuity?

Thanks

Bill