New Message: Feature Suggestion.

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Mar 25 17:28:36 CDT 2008

By: Marlin Schaefer (a_reelbigfish at hotmail.com)

What are the chances manila could be updated to take advantage of CSS instead of the antiquated html tags for fonts et all? It would be nice to see manila give all the admin elements class and id elements so that they could be manipulated via CSS and also so that manila sites could be validated to the W3 standards. With relatively minor changes to the preferences interface all of manilas display styles could be moved into a much cleaner and more robust stylesheet mechanism that would allow us web designers a lot more control over the look of our sites and the cleanliness of our source code.

This would also vastly simplify creating new templates and would make overall page sizes smaller and quicker to load. As well as ensuring that manila websites will be viable into the future which thanks to Firefox, and Safari (KHTML or whatever its called) is finally starting to become more and more standards based.

Thoughts?

-M