New Message: Re: Javascript Error

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat Mar 29 12:31:28 CDT 2008

By: Thomas A. Creedon (thomas at creedon.net)

Hello Newbie,

It may be as Marlin suggests or perhaps the HTML being returned by the Javascript is either invalid or getting messed up some how. A link to your website might help us help you.

I've been doing some Javascript lately and I found this function useful to dump webpages that have been generated using document.write commands which might be contained in the Javascript you are calling.

function newWin ( ) {
 win = window.open ( '', '_blank' );

 var results = document.documentElement.innerHTML;
 var match = "<";

 var re = new RegExp ( "<", "g" );

 var newresults = results.replace ( re, "<" );

 win.document.write ( newresults );
 }

Toodle-loooooooooooo.........
Thomas