New Message: Re: Detecting iphone Safari, Mini Opera, Blackberry browsers etc

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Apr 29 05:16:13 CDT 2009

By: David Bayly (dbayly at udena.ch)

2 thoughts.

1) I took a look at the code it mostly looks at user agent in the header and decides based on a long list of keywords, whether to redirect or not. Certainly it can be done like that in Frontier.

2) given that, some smartphones are web capable, e.g. the iPhone, and their owners might prefer to use the built in web browser - I'd suggest that providing a link to the mobile version migth be a more friendly way to do things.