New Message: Re: mail delivery failure message

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Mar 9 13:49:14 CDT 2009

By: Chris Rowan (chrisrowan at ukgateway.net)

Watching the behaviour for the last few days I note that:

1) While postings from any PC in any location arrive immediately on the weblog, no notifications of postings are arriving at the specified final destination: ridgeweb at rowanhome.plus.com . This implies that it is not a fault of an outgoing server. Posts are made from pupils' homes.

2) The above email address is receiving other mail regularly and promptly. It has not received anything from userland for over a week, despite perhaps 50 postings to the site.

3) The warning messages are directed to chrisrowan at ukgateway.net which is the email specified for 'send notifications from ... '

I have contacted my ISP in case they have unwittingly blocked mail from userland and am awaiting their response.

I can forward a typical message + headers if that is helpful.