New Message: Creating an HTML file containing just 1 line of text.

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Mar 10 22:01:42 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

Is that possible ?

'Norton Safe Web' requires that there be a file, at root level on the site (e.g. www.userland.com/norton21312321.html) that contains NOTHING other than a code .. (i.e. not HTML and not a page rendered in the site template).

Any ideas about the best way to achieve this ?

I am able to make the Printfriendly template do something along those lines by including only the bodytext but that appends to the file path so no good for this.

I have also previously hacked the RSD XML script to be able to build a sitemap.xml file but that approach is not assisting here.