New Message: Can't call re.extract because the compiled regular expression is invalid.

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Oct 1 18:49:10 CDT 2009

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

Couple of times in the last week people have reported this error to me when making what seem simple text changes to a site.

Sorry! There was an error: Can't call re.extract because the compiled regular expression is invalid.

Anybody else seen this error ?

Any ideas why that might occur ?

Not seen this error before as far as I can tell. Not sure if this something newly introduced since I updated Manila version a month or so ago.