Calendars

Emmanuel. M. Decarie emm at scriptdigital.com
Fri Mar 1 05:06:57 PST 2002

>  > you could just create a table with unique id for each resource that can be
>booked and put the booking date there. So when you build the calendar, the
>script check this table to see when a resource is booked and if it need
>modification.
>
>Thank-you for the response Emmanuel. Unfortunately I don't think the problem
>can be solved so simply. Depending on how I read your answer, your solution
>would only allow for one booking per resource or, I'm really reading into
>your answer here, require a flat table for each resource that would contain
>a reference to every booking ever made on it. Neither very desirable in my
>opinion.
>
>best regards,
>Matt

Hello Matt,

Its possible that I didn't understand well your question, especially
about the term resource. What I understood, and now, its maybe me who
read too much in what your are saying, is that a resource could be
for exemple, a conference meeting room that you need to book.

I'm not even sure what kind of calendaring structure you will use,
but if the structure is the one that Frontier can build with its own
verb, then, if you have to loop in such a structure to find how much
time a resource have been booked, I find this not very efficient.

This why I suggested that you take the problem backyard.

I rather use for example a table with a unique id for a ressource
that can be consulted more easily.

For example: (YY/MM/DD)

myResourcesTable
	conferenceRoom31
		2002-04-01 -> book from 13h to 14h
		2002-04-02-> book from 13 to 14h
		2002-06-03-> book from 9h to 11h
	conferenceRoom32
		2002-04-01 -> book from 13h to 14h
		2002-04-02-> book from 13 to 14h
		2002-06-03-> book from 9h to 11h

Then when you build the calendar for April for exemple, you just have
to loop in the myResourceTable and check for each table that start by
2002-04.

Anyway, just my 2 cents...

Cheers
-Emmanuel