Frontier & Manila integration

nate at int-res.com nate at int-res.com
Mon Nov 11 03:27:01 PST 2002

I finally got Frontier 9 up and running on a little ol' test server.
I was having all kinds of problems just getting it installed, but
then I downloaded and installed the latest updated version, and
bingo! No problem.

I put a copy of my old 5.1.6 database in there and it works like a
charm as far as I can see. The more I fiddle around with Manila, the
more I think I misunderstood its purpose. Is it possible to
administer my old Frontier database using Manila? We have pages and
pages that needed to be updated and many different people need to be
able to do it. It's a real pain when the Frontier.root is open
somewhere else and it needs to be opened so someone else can then
open it and then make the changes. I'll poke around some more and see
if I can find a way for Frontier and Manila to be buddies the way I
want them to. It could be right under my nose. Any tips, comments,
links?

Thanks in advance,
--
Nate Russell, Webmaster