Quitting

Mr. DeVore sdevore at cliffhanger.com
Sat Nov 23 20:13:15 PST 2002

> After working out the Frontier/Filemaker interaction problems
>I was having (thanks Sean), I thought I had successfully moved
>to Frontier for OS X...things are fine with 10.1.5 but now with
>either 10.2.1 or 10.2.2 Frontier unexpectedly quits all the
>time.

Here are some thought, make sure you have the latest version of the App there were some problems with apple events that a recent released did help with, however, there are problems currently with 10.2.2 and frontier stability that based on the crash logs that I have seen seem to be the result of corruption in the hashTable (I am sure that Jake can speak leaps and bounds beyoun d my ability to address the specifics , but it is a known problem)  Also I have seen some posts from Matt N. and someone else recently  Emanual?? about problems with appleEvent handling in 10.2.2 (perhaps in 10.2.1 as well) recently and it seems that one temporary fix might to be to a patch the setData call with an appleScript equivalent (set the language to apple script and make the call that way in early experiements that I did with filemaker and frontier 4.5.?? I even got better performance this way)  From some rumblings that I have seen on other lists there were some changes to appleevents somewhere in the the 10.2 - 10.2.2 time frame that have caused some problems for others in other apps and environments. You might see if this helps at all, and I think for now the safe thing to do is to not upgrade to 10.2.2 if you can help it until userland figures out the issues and releases a fix.  The nice thing is that there are userland people who use and like Mac OS 10.2.x so here is crossing our fingers for a quick and solid fix.

HTH

Sam D
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom