IP Address Control

Samuel Reynolds sam at spinwardstars.com
Mon Sep 9 08:51:11 PDT 2002

>Hi everyone -
>
>To my knowledge - here is everything that has been running on that server and where it is (or where it is telling me) it is running:
>
>Frontier - 66.221.37.205:80
>LiveStats - 66.221.37.205:8080
>IMail Web Messaging Email Server - 66.221.37.205:8383
>IIS - 66.221.37.206:81
>
>I looked through all of the services running on the server and there were a number of other programs and databases that were running in the background that IMail and LiveStats were dependent on.  I've shut all of these as well as LiveStats and IMail down so now we've isolated it down to Frontier and IIS.
>
>I changed the port from 81 to 80 and restarted IIS, but it is still telling me that the Address is in Use.

This is Microsoft. Turning something off
doesn't necessarily turn it off.

You may have done this, but just in case:
In the internet admin tool, right-click
on the Default Web Site "folder" and open the
Properties window. On the Web Site tab,
click on "Advanced". Under "Multiple Identities
for this Web Site" make sure it shows a specific
IP address, not "(All Unassigned)".

Similarly for the Default FTP Site (IP Address)
and the Default SMTP Virtual Server (IP Address
on the General tab).

And that's the extent of my expertise in matters
IIS.

- Sam
I'm currently looking for a new position/contract.
Resume at http://spinwardstars.com/vitae/
Samuel Reynolds         sam at spinwardstars.com
Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/