Can't Find Pages Error & Print-Friendly

Nathaniel Cordova ncordova at willamette.edu
Mon Aug 11 08:09:34 PDT 2003

Lawrence:

Sorry to get back to you so late. Thanks for the note. However, things
are still not working. I changed the site URL as the page you directed
me to indicated. No luck with that. The Shortcuts are still not working
and the print friendly macro is also still not working. Not sure what
to try on next. To answer your question, Frontier/Manila sits on my Mac
(OSX Jaguar) and the basic address when I create a site is the
following:

http://sml-45-6818.willamette.edu/insert-manila-site-name-here/

That sml-45-6818 is the internal id for my computer. But as soon as I
create a site I want to make public I contact our technology guy and
ask him to add a line to the proxy configuration including the site,
and I tell him to put it like this one:

http://www.willamette.edu/cla/rhetoric/site-name-here/

Then when that's done I go to the management page of the site and I
change the URL.

The way the proxy seems to be configured right now it directs some
pages to the /cla/rhetoric/ set up, and also to /~ncordova/ because
some pages I create are teaching related another one is less so.

In any case, should I enter proxy information in the Setup Frontier
page? I don't need to use a proxy for any other access to the internet
but I guess for these pages I do. Finally, should the info I enter
there under Domain be the /cla/rhetoric/ address?

Thanks again Lawrence,