New Message: Proxy User and Password w/ MS ISA Firewall

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Jun 28 14:16:01 PDT 2004

By: Jim Ingram (jingram at bbps.org)

I have tried every form of notation for specifying the user namd and password for getting through our Microsoft ISA firewall to do automatic downloads of Frontier updates that I can think of. I have determined that turning off the "Ask unauthenticated users for identification" on the Outgoing Web Requests page of the firewall server's properties allows a manual update to work, and have set up a user that is supposed to have sufficient authority to be authenticated for Frontier to use, but can't seem to get Frontier's update process to log in successfully by itself to get past the firewall. Is anyone else out there dealing with this scenario? If so, what is the exact syntax and notation for the user and password table entries? TIA