looking for the right tool

Manila-Newbies@userland.com Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 16:36:09 EST

Jo

When you trialled Manila, did you set your rules up top Editors Only /
Preferences / Editorial / Windows Editing / WYSIWYG

Could you share the nature of the problems that you discovered that made
Manila unsatisfactory for your User Interface needs?  Perhaps some of them
are solveable by the community of Manila enthusiasts.  Perhaps some people
are already working on solving some of the problems.  There are technicians
out there who can do some value add work to resolve specific identifiable
challenges.

Do you need a low-cost FAQ content management tool that is easy for
non-technical people to manage such as FAQ-a-matic which is documented at
http://faqomatic.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/2.html

Is it the lack of a spell checker that might be solveable with a plug in?

Is it the garbage characters that come from cut & paste from Microsoft tools
that could be resolved by cut & paste from some other editor?

Was it the occasional busy site access hassle with posting long entries that
could be resolved with a superior ISP?

Al Macintyre