Replacing original About

DarwinPR Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:26:39 -1000

Can anyone recommend the best way to replace "About" page (which comes
"built in" when you first sign up to Weblogger)?

I have deleted a bunch of test discussion pages which I had originally
created with my new site the other day (the first message (#1) had been
hooked up to the default "About" page).

I've since created a new message (#10) and have been able to hook up a
similar page which I call "About Us" which has an entry in the
Navigation box (under Prefs --> Advanced) such as follows:

> <navigator>
>    <item name="Home" pagename="/"/>
>    <item name="About Us" pagename="/discuss/msgReader$10"/>
>  </navigator>

When a person clicks on the "About Us" URL off the home page, the
resulting page is the message (#10) as I desire, but it also include
the HTML forms to fill in for actually posting a response to this
"discussion" message.

By contrast, the default "About" page would render an HTML page that
would who only the message text, but would then have a URL below it
that would require the user to click on a link ("Discuss") to actually
post a response to this text. This is what I'm having an incredibly
hard time finding. Is this page only available through some sort of
hidden plumbing or macro in Manila (and once it is unhooked from the
original message via someone deleting that message (#1), that's it,
there's no way of re-hooking the original plumbing)?

Thank you for any help / suggestions.

-Darwin