WYSIWYG Support on Mac Browsers

Scott Girard Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 15:31:47 -0400

--Apple-Mail-29--355620194

D:

The WYSIWYG editor in Internet Explorer (Windows only) is not part of
an accepted browser standard.  Microsoft wrote that capability into
their Internet Explorer for Windows.

So when you ask:

> Safari for OSX is a completely standards compliant browser, so why not
> create tools that adhere to accepted standards?

you really have it backwards.  The other browsers are more standard
when it comes to WYSIWYG editing (or lack thereof).

Scott

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 11:02 AM, Dan Schmit wrote:

> We have had great success with our implementation of Manila so far.
> Our
> students seem to appreciate being able to edit and post from where
> ever they
> are.  The Windows users have an extra set of tools in their browsers,
> however, in that they get a WYSIWYG text formatting tool that the Mac
> users
> don't see.
>
> I'm wondering why this hasn't been implemented on the Mac side yet.
>
> Safari for OSX is a completely standards compliant browser, so why not
> create tools that adhere to accepted standards?

BigSea Inc.
2201 Red Fox Trail
Charlotte, NC 28211

Phone: 704-968-1155

sgirard@bigsea.com
www.bigsea.com

--Apple-Mail-29--355620194

BEGIN:VCARD=0D
VERSION:3.0=0D
N:Girard;Scott;;Mr.;=0D
FN:Girard Scott=0D
EMAIL;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:sgirard@bigsea.com=0D
EMAIL;type=3DWORK:=0D
TEL;type=3DCELL;type=3Dpref:(704)968-1155=0D
TEL;type=3DHOME:(704)362-3415=0D
ADR;type=3DHOME;type=3Dpref:;;2201 Red Fox Trail\n;Charlotte;North =
Carolina;28211;U.S.A.=0D
ADR;type=3DHOME:;;;;;;=0D
URL:http://www.bigsea.com=0D
END:VCARD=0D