New Message: Re: Manila Running at Start Up and General Product Frustrations

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Aug 18 10:57:55 CDT 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14180

By: Giuliano Valentino (gvalentino at dwpv.com)

1) Seeing as I am running this on an XP box, I have limited use of Terminal Services. As well, even if I did fix the Terminal Services problem, I would still have the issue that I can only add it to the startup folder of the Admin account, and would still have to make sure that either myself or someone else logged into the machine as administrator to make sure that the blogs went back up.

2) I assume by "browser interface" you mean opening a web browser and going to our admin site at port 5336. I have looked for an hour and not found an Advanced preferences page. Does it go under another name?

One question you did not answer is if there is any documentation, like an Admin's user guide, that actually goes into some detail and how-to's when it comes to do advanced administrative functions using the site? The documentation that comes with the applications is minimal, and most searches on the discussion group are centered around developing. Where's the middle ground? (For example, I would think that integrating with Active Directory would be something either convered somewhere in documentation, or even built into the site. As it is, I found the one article I referenced in passing above, and have been told that those changes are more for developers.)

Thank you
Giuliano

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.