New Message: Request for Testing: StartupTasks.root

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Nov 10 05:20:48 CST 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14287

By: Jake Savin (jake at userland.com)

A couple of days ago we finished a set of special startup-code for Manila/Frontier, which will detect when the application folder has been moved or renamed. The new feature makes it much easier to move your installation to a new server, to restore your server from a backup, or to reorganize your server's hard disk.

It uses a simple heuristic to determine whether a change has taken place, and what the old application folder path was, and after confirmation, resets all configuration and user data which referenced the old file paths.

We're looking for people to help test the new features. If you're a Manila user and would like to help test, please read this page [1] on the Manila Beta site.

/Thanks!/

-Jake

[1] http://manilabeta.userland.com/requestForTesting/startupTasksRoot