New Message: Re: Problems running upgrader

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Oct 26 08:14:35 CDT 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14269

By: D (d.mowat at gcal.ac.uk)

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the information but I'm slightly confused as to what you're suggesting I try now to upgrade Frontier.

In a previous attempt at upgrading I did use the Update Root command before running the updater app but this didn't seem to work. I still got the 'Can't find a sub-table named "radioCommunityServerSuite"' error when running the upgrader supplied with the new version.

But I have not tried enabling the CommunityServer using the Quick Script - would I not be best to try this?
Or are you saying that if I copy the Frontier 9.5 application to replace my 9.0.1 version and after launching the new version run Update Root from the Main menu I will not need to run the upgrader file supplied with the new version?

Sorry if I've confused things even further here. I just need some clarification before I go ahead with another upgrade attempt.

Thanks,

Darren