New Message: Re: Problems running upgrader

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Oct 27 05:32:08 CDT 2005

A new message was posted:

Address: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$14270

By: Jake Savin (jake at userland.com)

Sorry if I wasn't clear before. What I meant was that since all of the parts which were included with the upgrader have now been released through root updates, updating your databases (the four I mentioned: Frontier.root, prefs.root, mainResponder.root and manila.root) will get you all of the functionality of 9.5.

If you then swap in the Frontier 9.5 application that was included with the upgrader, then you will have exactly what you would have if you run the upgrade script. So after updating and swapping in the new application, there's no need at all to run the upgrade script.

Does this help?

-Jake

ps. If you're not using radioCommunityServer, then there's no need to run the Quick Script in my last message to enable it. It wouldn't hurt anything if you did, but it's not necessary in order to get 9.5 running by updating your roots.