New Message: Seeking functionality advice before I purchase

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Thu Aug 18 11:27:36 CDT 2005

By: Ellen (emacdermid at gmail.com)

Hi,
If anyone would be willing to answer my questions, I'd appreciate it. I'm a consultant, trying to find software to improve community interaction and information for a software company's intranet. Manila seems like a good bet, but I'd love input on its functionality from people who are actually using it.

Does Manila enable:
1. Non-technical folks to post content to a website easily?
2. Company employees to subscribe to different content channels on the intranet?
3. Automatic HTML or text emails to be sent to subscribers of a content channel when it has been updated?
4. Employees to click on a link within the email notifications and comment in a group blog on the content posted?
5. Administrators to remove all login/passwords, so employees could access the website and blog without having to log on?
6. Administrators to archive content easily?
7. Users to search through current and archived content?
8. A group "bulletin board" type of functionality

And lastly, does anyone think it's a problem that this is based on a proprietary language, and not Java or .Net or PERL?

Thanks for any and all advice!
Ellen

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.