New Message: Access Control

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Aug 7 08:23:47 CDT 2006

By: ken tompkins (ken at loki.stockton.edu)

Some of my college sites are being pounded by spam. They have joined the site and are leaving discussion messages; they've left more than 900 in a little over a month.

I need to stop this so turned to Access Control. I read this page:

http://manila.userland.com/siteAccessRestrictions

where it says that there is an Access Restriction section on the Admin page of each site. The page is there but I see no section for Access Restriction where I can limit access by path.

Is there somewhere where this has to be enabled?

ken tompkins
richard stockton college