New Message: Re: Auxiliary templates

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Jul 31 03:25:02 CDT 2006

By: David Bayly (dbayly at udena.ch)

Manila auxiliary templates let you do 2 things;

1. change the template of a page (which you want to do). Lets call this a replacement template.

2. change the bodytext by applying the auxiliary template; then insert the result into the normal template. This is a subtemplate. sub-tempalets can be quite useful, though the state of the art has moved on since they were invented.

Manila assumes that an auxiliary tempate is a replacement if it contains the literal text &lthtml> tag, otherwise it treats it as a subtemplate.

I bet you have an html tag with other properties. In hindsight, a better trigger might have the been presence of a close html tag &lt/html> I have patched my Manila root to do things this way, havign seen exactly this problem.

Hope that helps.