New Message: Moving Membership Group.

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Jul 31 11:50:05 CDT 2006

By: Marlin Schaefer (a_reelbigfish at hotmail.com)

Hi all,

I was having a ton of problems with my manila install so since I really only had 2 sites on my server that I cared about I moved them to a new root and reinstalled them on a fresh copy of Manila on a different machine while I made changes to the sites. Now I am ready to move the new copy onto my server but I've noticed that the membership group (that is shared between both sites) did not transfer when I moved the sites themselves.

For some reason the only the managing editors moved with the sites.

Can someone take a second to explain how this works?