Internal database error

Rick Barter rbarter at u98.k12.me.us
Wed Mar 8 10:51:19 CST 2006

Lawrence.

I've deleted many unused sites via the Admin page yet the size of the
<manila.websites.root> does not get any smaller. I've restarted
manila and that does not impact the size of the DB.

Is it that I need to "save a copy" in order for manila to recognize
that the database is smaller.

I can't do a "save a copy" because of the DB errors ...

I've also tried moving sites from < manila.websites.root> to
<manila.websites.root2> via admin site but I get an error message and
it doesn't happen.

Basically I need a way for manila to do its thing on the database so
it is compressed and so I can "save a copy".

I will try to jettison one site that seems corrupt as soon as I can
make sure I've copied all the essential info on that site to a new
site on the new database.

Any ideas on how to get the <manila.websites.root> to "save a copy"?

Thanks,

rick

On Mar 5, 2006, at 8:41 PM, Lawrence Lee wrote:

> Does the error occur when you try to open any table or just
> specific ones?
>
> You can try using the table.jettison command to delete any sites
> from the database that might be corrupted then try the Save a Copy.
>
> In a Quick Script window, enter:
>
> table.jettison (@testManilaWebsite)
>
> then click the Run button.
>
> Note, this will delete the Manila site table from the file so I
> would recommend backing up all your data files first as well.
>
> Lawrence Lee
> UserLand Software
> www.userland.com

Rick Barter