can't log out problem

Hugh Nicoll hnicoll at miyazaki-mu.ac.jp
Mon Oct 23 20:45:23 CDT 2006

Greetings from Miyazaki,

This morning, while attempting to demonstrate the use of a class web
site to a group of students I was bitten by the "can't Sign Out" bug
I've seen reported at least once or twice since the upgrade to 9.6. Is
there a fix in the works, or, any notion of what might be causing the
problem.

I maintain my Frontier Server on Mac OS X box, running 10.3.9. Was using
a laptop in class, and experienced the same inability to sign out using
both Safari and Firefox (OS X, 10.4.8). Quitting Safari and relaunching
the browser has no effect -- when I access the page again I'm still
logged in as admin, and the "Sign Out" sequence produces no effect.

All the best,

Hugh Nicoll,
Miyazaki, Japan